Property Rights Alliance (PRA), an affiliate of Americans for Tax Reform, stands as an advocacy organization dedicated to the protection of physical and intellectual property rights, both domestically and internationally.
PRA’s efforts to protect private property are all-encompassing and include issues such as:
· Federal and state law for “takings” and the use of eminent domain
· Federal government land and building ownership
· U.S. environmental policy and its effect on private property ownership
· Piracy and counterfeiting of intellectual property on a domestic and international front
· Property law and protections in developing countries in order to foster economic growth and democracy
· Strong intellectual and physical property safeguards for all trade agreements with the United States
On the international stage, PRA works closely with famed property rights champion and President of the Institute for Liberty and Democracy (ILD) in Lima, Peru, Hernando de Soto. With great help from the ILD and de Soto, PRA is proud to offer the Hernando de Soto Fellowship. Each year, the fellow works on the upcoming addition of the International Property Rights Index (IPRI). The 2010 report featured 125 countries representing 96% of global gross domestic product (GDP). This Index quantitatively ranks countries on their level of property rights protection using several variables. For more information on the Index, please visitwww.internationalpropertyrightsindex.org/
PRA works closely with several international and domestic think tanks and scholars to develop the highest quality of work. We look forward to continuing the fight to protect property rights.
For more information on the Alliance or issues ranging from eminent domain reform to counterfeiting contact PRA the Executive Director Lorenzo Montanari at firstname.lastname@example.org